icon

Germany rules out bringing Nord Stream 2 back online

#DefeatRussia
April 2,2025 704
Germany rules out bringing Nord Stream 2 back online

The restart of Russia’s Nord Stream 2 pipeline or similar projects is impossible, stated Germany’s Foreign Affairs Minister Annalena Baerbock at a news conference with President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in Kyiv on April 1, as reported by European Pravda.

“Baerbock, who will soon step down from her position, ruled out the possibility of restarting Nord Stream 2 amidst speculations over the alignment of the U.S. and Russia’s positions,” journalists reported.

German society “had to pay dearly” for such projects and for ignoring the warnings of Eastern countries about Nord Stream 2, which they viewed not as “an economic initiative, but as preparation for aggression.”

“We paid billions for this, and now it is clear that this pipeline cannot be restarted. This decision is in Germany’s hands, and the previous government made this decision in complete unison,” Baerbock said.

Such economic projects will no longer exist because “they are dangerous to our security,” added the minister.

All leading German politicians share the stance on the Russian gas pipeline project and lean towards “an absolutely clear decision that the economy of Europe and the security of Europe are interconnected,” said Baerbock.

In recent days, media outlets have reported on the possibility of restarting the $11 billion Nord Stream 2 pipeline, which was laid through the Baltic Sea and connected Russia to Germany but never became operational, the journalists added.

“The media previously reported that Germany’s long-time friend of Kremlin leader Vladimir Putin, Matthias Warnig, who worked in the Stasi secret police, is lobbying in the U.S. for the restart of Nord Stream 2,” added European Pravda.

Cover: Shutterstock

Donate Subscribe to our news